Search this site


Metadata

Articles

Projects

Presentations

Note to self, use autoindent instead of cindent.

I use cindent in vim. cindent is very useful. However, it breaks a lot of the time, especially when not in C-style languages (perl, etc). It indents "how I want" 90% of the time, the other 10% it does it incorrectly or when I don't want it to so.

If I can find time tomorrow, I'd like to write a few magic-indentation keybindings so I can easily do certain kinds of indentation the way I want, and only when I want. Most of the time, autoindent is all I need anyway.

I'll post any scripts I come up with here when they're done.