xdo "beta" release
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2007
The result so far is as follows:
- xdo is now a library, so you can simply call xdo_click(...) and it will handle all the hard stuff for you for the case that you want to use this in your own code.
- xdotool is the commandline interface to the xdo api.
- navmacro (bad name) is a very small gtk launcher. Basically it's an input box that runs the contents when you hit enter
So right now, I can do this:
- Select a piece of text in an xterm
- Activate navmacro and type 'ffsp' and hit enter
- Enjoy the fact that firefox has been told to search for the contents of my clipboard
Interested in the code? Download navmacro-20070620.tar.gz.
Note: navmacro works on my ubuntu and freebsd systems just fine. However, xdotool crashes at the end when I do free(xdo->charcodes) only on my Ubuntu system. Uncertain why, I'm way too tired to debug.