USB Mouse support in newmoused, working.
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2006
I've got my usb mouse working with the new moused. Most of the code in the module is ripped from usbhidctl(1). Now that I *actually* know how things work, I found that the read() wasn't actually one with side effects. Good.
You'll need the new moused framework for this module.
- Download my moused framework (newpsm project on this site)
- Recompile your kernel without "device ums"
- Build moused, build the usbmouse module.
- Run moused: ./moused -m usbmouse -d /dev/uhid0
- Rewrite ugly bits
- Port ums(4) hacks for broken mice
- Test with more mice
- Write uhid joypad support