I gave in and got an iPhone.
Posted Fri, 07 Dec 2007
- Go to Apple store.
- Say "I want to buy an iPhone"
- Someone hands you a box with an iPhone in it. You pay.
- Go home, plug iPhone into PC.
- Run iTunes. Follow the trivially simple activation steps(*)
- Rejoice now that your iPhone is activated without ever having to deal with morons at the AT&T retailers
Much love to Apple for making me not have to talk to anyone at the AT&T retail stores.
- Uploading photos to flickr is the same as my previous phone: emailing photos to flickr
- meebo.com (web2.0fancy instant messenger gateway) happily works on the iphone.
- google reader works too
Fancy. The first two project ideas that came to mind are a both remote-control tools. One for a universal remote (basically smash buttons on a webpage tells an IR emitter to do things) and one to remotely control a PC (mouse, keyboard, etc). I'm guessing there will be a VNC client for the iphone out very shortly after the Apple SDK is released, so I'll think about the infrared remote control project.