grok 20070224 released.
Posted Sat, 24 Feb 2007
It's been almost a year since the first release of grok. I've finally found some energy to put into the project and it's time for another release.
A quick summary of the changelist (which comes with the tarball):
- Lots of doc updates. More examples in the manpage.
- Lots of new builtin patterns
- More new filters like strftime, ip2host, and uid2user.
- Fancier syslog matching options
- New flags -m and -r. See this post about this change
- filelist, catlist, and filecmd thanks mostly to Canaan Silberberg.
- More tests to make sure that it works. Find these in the 't' directory in the grok tarball.